12 questions you should ask before investing in any solar system…
- Is the system tracked or fixed?
- Is the output data in Direct (DC) or Alternating (AC) current?
- What figure are they using for inverter loss and where did they get that data?
- What is the panel degradation rate over 20 years?
- Is the wireless controller and software included?
- Are they Photovoltaic (PV) or thin film panels?
- What are their panel efficiencies and is the data 3rd party validated?
- Do they have an existing installation with real time output that can be monitored?
- Is that an installed price?
- Do they have engineering specifications for wind and snow load?
- Is the system guaranteed for 20 years from a single supplier?
- Is it Ontario F.I.T. compliant?